Single origin, certified organic, Cacao Powder from the Peruvian Amazon. Jam packed with antioxidants, magnesium and nutrients that can help keep you energised, healthy and happy.
Cacao powder process begins with the highest quality organic raw cacao beans and cold pressing them to make a dark brown paste called chocolate liquor. The paste or (or liquor, as it's often called) is cold pressed at 45 degrees (sometimes even lower) to separate out its fat (cacoa butter). What remains is a "cake" (also known as cocoa solids). This part is then cold-milled to become organic, truly raw unsweetened cocoa powder.
This has the highest level of cocoa flavonols because it's the least processed. Also, because the fat has been removed and it contains no extra ingredients such as sugar, it's the healthiest form of chocolate you can ever find.
Use it in place of carob, cacao nibs, or mesquite!
- Make chocolate candies and bars.
- Create creamy chocolate ice cream.
- Sprinkle it on top of your salad.
- Mix it with raw cocoa butter and dip berries in it.
- Combine it with raw agave nectar for chocolate syrup.
- Coat your soaked nuts and seeds with it and dehydrate till crisp.
- Make chocolate pudding by blending the powder with avocado.
- Mix it with your nut butters for delicious fudge.
- Add it to your super foods (goji, maca, etc.) for an extra nutrient boost.
- And much more!